Moving can be very stressful in a person’s life, especially if he or she has not hired appropriate help to move their assets. For a giant heavy thing, take for instance, Piano, one can be tedious in just thinking who to choose. A lot of questions will be popping up in your mind majorly concerning finance and safety of the piano. In this article, I’ve outlined some of the precautions you must consider and most frequently asked questions on moving a piano.
- Why Are Pianos So Difficult To Move?
- Are Pianos Really So Delicate?
- Why Do We Need To Hire A Professional Mover?
- Are All Professional Piano Movers Equal?
- What To Consider While Hiring A Piano Mover?
- How Much Notice Should I Give To Piano Mover?
- What Is The Best Time To Move?
- Why Is Worker Injury Important?
- Questions To Ask A Piano Mover
- Find Piano Movers on TopMovers.Net
Why Are Pianos So Difficult To Move?
Along with pool tables, kitchen appliances, and furniture pieces, pianos are among the top competitor for the price of the most difficult things to move as far as weight, safety and complexity are concerned. Even toddlers know that pianos are heavy, but merely few people along with piano movers are interested in knowing the fact what in that freaking body makes it really heavy. Regardless of the piano type, the substantial weight comes from the fundamental internal component that holds the strings together i.e a solid harp made of cast iron.
A quick fact: Grand pianos can weigh up to 1000 lbs. Or even more for some specialized models.
Are Pianos Really So Delicate?
Yes. Pianos are incredibly fragile as some of the piano models are said to contain more than 7000 finely tuned moving parts. They beat many of the world’s stuff when it comes to frailness. Damaging a piano is not a hard task as just spilling a notably viscous liquid on it’s keys will make you call an expert to grab a Benjamin Franklin from your pocket.
Why Do We Need To Hire A Professional Mover?
The first question gets in mind when someone suggests you to hire a professional piano mover, is WHY? Let me tell you the main reason to hire a professional moving company to move your piano is that household movers who move your other contents of the house don’t have adequate training or equipment to properly move a piano.
Are All Professional Piano Movers Equal?
Unfortunately, No. As in any trade or business, each piano moving company varies in their level of skills, quality, and experience. Some piano movers act guardedly while some take much less time than other naive moving companies because of their experience and manpower they have. Another big thing comes in when hiring a professional piano mover is money.
Financial problems can ensue in any house and considering that most of the movers move due to financial problems, hiring a first-rate piano mover can be stressful in terms of finance. So to overcome the problematic situation one should calculate and manage the net money he or she is employing to move all of the assets in the house. With proper money management and surveys of professional piano movers, one can overcome these type of problems.
What To Consider While Hiring A Piano Mover?
Your job isn’t done after hiring a popular piano moving company to move your piano. Popularity doesn’t always work the same. You’ve to make sure that the piano mover you hired must have the right moving equipment to transport your prized musical instrument. You must consider that they have a proper:
- Moving dolly/hand truck: This is a must-have piece of transporting equipment. Make sure that the condition of piano moving company’s truck is fine. Don’t rely on anything less than the best. Remove the word ‘satisfactory’ from your dictionary.
- Furniture straps: The straps will give you much better hold on your musical instrument and will ease its gargantuan weight.
- Furniture blankets: They are thick protective blankets which will cuddle your piano and will make sure it gets safely to your new home without getting a scratch on its steamy body.
How Much Notice Should I Give To Piano Mover?
The amount of notice needed to give to the piano moving company will depend on when and where you need the piano to be moved. How’s your new home? If its main-gate is small, at least one person from the house should be standing at the time. It’s helpful as you can directly instruct the piano movers were to perfectly put your piano cause one time it’s put, you can’t slide it all alone, especially if there’s a carpet on the floor.
What Is The Best Time To Move?
Most piano movers book heir deliveries on a first come first served basis. But if it’s a traffic time of the year, you may need to change your schedule and select a specific day to make your piano delivered. It entirely depends on you. Taking some considerations in your mind like the safety of your piano, you should select a low traffic time of the year. So the piano movers will put their best effort and ease mind in moving your piano keeping their finest co-ordination with you.
Why Is Worker Injury Important?
We all know most people are selfless. They just take care of themselves. But when you hire a professional piano mover, you have to change your mind at least for a little time. Worker injury is important to you. Why? Cause if you hire a company not having Workman’s Safety Insurance, you are accepting a full liability for any employees who are injured while working for you. Your liability will stretch to medical bills, lost wages, and possibly civil lawsuits.
Questions To Ask A Piano Mover
- How long have you been in this business?
- Do you have any references?
- Do you provide any kind of insurance for damaged pianos?
- Do you have full-time, trained staff for moving pianos for you?
- What days of the week do you move pianos and what is your availability?
- How do you charge for moving and what are you best affordable rates?
- What are your terms of cartage? Will you provide me with a copy?
Find Piano Movers on TopMovers.Net
We maintain a healthy database of some of the best movers across America. Visit our directory to get started or use the search bar above.